In 1938 and in the depths of the depression, Robert J. Burton and William Mayer opened a letterpress shop in downtown Milwaukee. For over seven decades strong, the families have never looked back.
In the early fifties we added offset printing to our company services, and in 1966 we outgrew our original facilities and moved into a 16,000 sq. ft. building on Humboldt Ave.
Continuing to grow, and two decades later another move brought us to a 25,000 sq. ft. facility in Brookfield, which was quickly expanded to 65,000 sq. ft. and allowing us to create a more streamlined workflow.
Twenty more years of growth, and another move into our current location in Menomonee Falls; a 104,000 sq. ft. facility which now houses all of the Burton & Mayer manufacturing, shipping and office systems – all on one floor.
Fast forward to today, President Jim Burton along with his partner Jennifer Burton-Ziemann carry on the tradition, managing nearly 80 employees, some of whom have been with the us for more than 25 years.